General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By dawg316
#295320 hi guys looking to tackle a 5 speed swap in my eg soon. looking into buying a full clutch kit with disk pressure plate, tool, throwout bearing , pilot bearing.

but dont know what stage i want to run . oem or stage 1. also what companys are good. what is the tq rating good up to on a oem clutch

while on the subject what flywheel combo would work. wanted to run a 12 lb but the oem price seems pretty cheap compared to an aftermarket lightend one.

cars gonna be my DD. stock d15b7. might mini me it z6 swap in the future. boltons. maybe a slight cam. but thats not till the future

can i be cheap and get away with a oem clutch?

looking to stay cheap seeing how its my beater/ DD. what would be my best option
By EJ1_MK
#295336 Get a stock flywheel if you go light it will feel like you really have to rev the piss out of it get it going and go with an exedy clutch OEM spec or stage 1 will work perfect anything more is over kill.
By Ajax1989
EJ1_MK wrote:Get a stock flywheel if you go light it will feel like you really have to rev the piss out of it get it going and go with an exedy clutch OEM spec or stage 1 will work perfect anything more is over kill.

This
By dawg316
#295340 I work at a partstore and can get a regular oem replacment clutch think a dynapack one for cheap. Will it suffice or should I order in an oem exedy replacement
By JUICE
#295342 i'd get the OEM exedy.. they're like $90, probably even cheaper for you.

my B series OEM exedy took one hell of a beating. made over 100 passes at the drag strip on 240whp / 240wtq. wouldn't try that in a full weight integra but being in my gutted hatch it did just fine