General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#293435 i have acouple questions

first question - im not sure if its my whole clutch or just my throwout bearing...i know my throwout bearing is bad..but im not sure if that will cause my clutch to slip aswell...should just buy a whole new clutch kit or take the chance and hope its only the throwout bearing??

second - if i have to buy a whole new clutch kit can i get a b series kit?? i tried searching it up already..but couldnt find any answers...i think i know the answer will be "NO"...but i need to know for sure...are D and B series clutches interchangeable??.. i dont want to spend all this extra money to buy another clutch for my B motor swap in about 2-3 months...i would rather just get a really good one now and spend the money and put it on my D for now and when the time comes swap it over to my B motor

thanks in advance :thumb:
By JUICE
#293444 definitely not interchangeable. and yea, changing just the throwout is pretty much a waste of time, especially with oem d clutches being quite cheap.

but if you're only 2-3 months off from a B swap.. i'd just let it go if it's still grabbing, that's not a horribly long time to listen to a rattling throwout..
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#293522 yea i didnt think they were interchangeable...but i figured i ask any way..and as far as just dealing with it till my swap..prolly not good idea..its almost not drivable...i actually just orderd an XTD stage 1 clutch off ebay...i did some reaserch on here and a couple peaple said that they were good..and it was only $90 us...so its not that bad...but thanks for the quick reply :thumb:
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#293642 well great news!! (sarcastic voice)...my tranny went bad on me today....i went to go to work..got 4 houses down and my car was stuck in second gear...but wouldnt go any where...finally i got it out and back into first so i could limp it back home and i noticed i there was a nicely sized puddle of trans fluid in the road...my guess is its the main shaft bearing...soo now im forced to get another trans or rebuild this one...not sure wich rout i will take ..i guess it depends on what deals i can find and what will be more practical or cheapper...but the only thing that still troubles me is that when i pressed in the clutch all the chatter and grinding noise would go away..so does that mean it was never my clutch to begin with??

any insight or thaughts to help me make up my mind would be great :thumb:
By bks84
#294080 Pull the trans, inspect for damage. If rebuildable, rebuild it. IF not, source another .