General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By flyinryan122
#31559 So I've heard of a few guys with a conversion plate to run a B-series trans on a D-series motor. Anyone else heard of these guys, or where i might be able to find one of these conversion plates?
By LowTEC-Derbo
#31560 rota92 on turbod16 runs a custom plate to mate his GSR transmission.

he is also called 92si on d-series.org

and he is rota92 on h-t too.

this the only guy i've seen with a b series transmission.

the cost of running a B series adapter plate can cost around $1000+ which is probably better to just rebuild your D series with www.gearspeed.com carbon synchros and PIC performance 4.7 Final drive and OBX LSD :)
By flyinryan122
#31596 are you runnin that set up? or know of someone that is? I'm trying to get a bullet proof or as close too bullet proof tranny as possible. this next race season is going to be NUTS with the new motor set up. haha
By LowTEC-Derbo
flyinryan122 wrote:are you runnin that set up? or know of someone that is? I'm trying to get a bullet proof or as close too bullet proof tranny as possible. this next race season is going to be NUTS with the new motor set up. haha

what kind of setup are you running?
By york62
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:
flyinryan122 wrote:are you runnin that set up? or know of someone that is? I'm trying to get a bullet proof or as close too bullet proof tranny as possible. this next race season is going to be NUTS with the new motor set up. haha

what kind of setup are you running?

x2

I think the reason rota92 is running a B tranny is because he has over 500hp, so unless you plan to run those numbers i think what LowTEC-Derbo suggested should be fine!
By flyinryan122
#31661 thats why i aksed. I'm not sure if you guys know who courtney green is? He's THE honda GOD around here haha. He's helpin me build my z6 and he's going to tune it. He made 580 on a sohc that they had in a four door. I'm shootin for one of the highest horsepower/quickest single cams around my area. I wathced that single cam 4dr run an 11.80 and all i said to him is i wanna run quicker than she did. (it was a chick driving it). so $2000 in the bottom end, $1000 in the head, and $1000 in suspension, now i need a tranny to stand up to the hp i'm shootin for.
By LowTEC-Derbo
#31662 ive heard of him but not so much know about his history.

ROTA92 built a B series tranny incase he ever went to the b series side he would have a B tranny waiting for him. Atleast thats what i figured from what i read.

I think a D series tranny can stand up to the challenge. quaife LSD, PIC final drive, Gearspeed carbon synchros.. rebuilt.and you can also get some crazy DSS axles to hold that power down.

lol at suspension 1000? I spent close to $3000 on my suspension/brakes
By flyinryan122
#31683 He's pretty insane when it comes to tuning a honda. but no matter what hp number your makin, he turns it into a really reliable number.thats why when i saidi want 500+ most people just laugh and say yeah right. but this guy has takin an sohc with less done to it and made 580, so i shouldn't have a problem.

haha yeah only 1000. I only did skunk2 proS coilovers, Wicked rear lca's, front and rear camber kit, and ETD racings Tracton bars.
(I'm still workin on gettin my rear disc conv.)

Wow 3000? all what did you buy?
By KIL390GP
#50755 Can the b-series diffs be swapped into the d-series boxes
By id3379
#50773 i like his 802hp GSR :thumb:
By flyinryan122
id3379 wrote:i like his 802hp GSR :thumb:

Are you talkin of that you tube video? that's from like three years ago. haha. he's well passed the 800 range now.
By suspendedHatch
teal_dx wrote:
KIL390GP wrote:Can the b-series diffs be swapped into the d-series boxes

I highly doubt, I have looked at aftermarket ones and they are not the same.

I can confirm this.
By stefan
#52079 Something is going to break, either your axles, or your tranny.
Stick with a stock tranny + LSD and stock axles, and once in a while you'll have to change axles IMO.
Something will break because of; dumping the clutch, pulling away from standstill with your wheels not straight, etc.
That's what kills axles and trannies, not 'only' 600- hp

Only spending 4 grand on a 500+ hp Civic (any motor)... you're getting the crazy turbo setup you'll need for that and aaaaall of the hours of work for free?
I've spend like 4500-5000 EUROS on my engine+mods and suspension, and I'm still not statisfied and only at 160+ chp.
But I'm a guy who's expecting more from less :P

BTW, keep us updated on what's going on with your project :)