General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By cjw_89
#286922 i made this from a ski doo tie rod end. Cut off the stud and drilled through the steel sphere. Then used a long threaded nut to dial in the throw. Cut the arm off and drilled a hole through it.

As for the mounting bracket i used a peice of an old brake pedal and straightened it out, drilled two holes and done some cutting. Anyway i just rigged up a mount for the frame rail. All in all it was a fairly easy conversion.

Great for someone looking to get by fer a few months till they can locate a hydro. Also the half shaft from a dc can be used just pair it with the dc seals or vice versa.

Here is two pics hope some can use this some day. Btw the gearbox is still working flawlessly in a 97-00 el with a b swap

By flyinryan122
#287113 You WILL end up cracking the case mounting it like that.. ask me how I know :wink:

This how i fixed that from happening.

By cjw_89
#287196 nice thanks for sharing.that pic why do it crack? Its mounting by only two bolts and it flexes
By cjw_89
#287197 oh... How do you know :hehe: fill us in lol. Was it repairable afterwards? A hydro to cable pic thread is in order they are very hard to find a pic of a diy. I went off the actual hasport kit. Thought they only had two bolts :s
By TrailerTrash
#287321 interesting... I'd love you bolt up a cable Si tranny do my d15b :hehe: