General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By mikbik
#31106 what are the things that need when replacing clutch? aside from clucth disc assy.

will they open the tranny? will I have to replace my tranny fluid also? does the EG have tranny gaskets? what are the things I have to look for and replace at the same time so that the service is just one time.
By asianrob
#31132 pilot/throw out bearing/ 1 1/2 to 2 Qaurts of 10W30 (what i use you can use what ever wieght you want) or 1 Lucas Oil and 1/2 qt of motor oil ( i think it totals out to 1 1/2 or 2 i'm forgot) theres not gaskets that i know of.. what else are you going to do to the car while its under the knife?
By JLau
#31140 Throw out bearing and 3 quarts of Honda MTF. No gaskets are needed but you can replace the gaskets at the axels. Also make sure you have a clutch alignment tool if you are doing it yourself to make it a hell of a lot easier. Also, I always get the flyheel resurfaced.
By asianrob
teal_dx wrote:honda MTF is the way to go, but my local dealer charges almost $9 a qt.!

so I run 10x30 motor oil in my beater and honda MTF in the hatch.

hell yea that MTF is expensive!! haha just running 10X30 and Lucas next time i drain the trans :D
By flyinryan122
mikbik wrote:what are the things that need when replacing clutch? aside from clucth disc assy.

will they open the tranny? will I have to replace my tranny fluid also? does the EG have tranny gaskets? what are the things I have to look for and replace at the same time so that the service is just one time.

fly wheel re-surfaced (like $45) and check your rear main oil seal. Good time to replace since you'll already have the clutch and flywheel out, makes for less head ache later on down the road.
By mikbik
#31404 would that lightweight flywheel would do as a good replacement for the stock? or much better to stick w/ the stocl? what would you recommend
By teal_dx
#31407 if your car is your daily driver, I'd go with stock, or no more than a couple of lbs lighter. After using both stock and an 8 lb, I won't go as light next time on a daily driven car. A little more weight just feels stronger.