General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Honda4life
#284703 just wondering and i already asked my boy, but i want to make sure: is it common in our hondas clutch to click when we engage the clutch pedal and release it? Mine seems to click from the engine bay when i push in the clutch and let it out. My buddy and i just put in a low mileage tranny and new throwout bearing a week or so ago. My clutch has life on it still and my master cylinder reservoir has fluid in it.
By JUICE
#284726 since putting in a new clutch a couple weeks ago, mine does it every once in a while.. not real sure what it is and i haven't noticed any issues..
By teal_dx
#284738 is it like a single "clink" when you start moving forward for the first time after going in reverse?

If it only does it once until the next time you start going fwd after reversing, it may be a CV joint. I had a couple cars that did this.
By Honda4life
#284740 @juice, yeah i havent had any issues either
@Teal, no its inside the engine bay and it happends when i push in the clutch and depress it. It only does 1 click when the clutch pedal is coming back up
By TrailerTrash
teal_dx wrote:is it like a single "clink" when you start moving forward for the first time after going in reverse?

If it only does it once until the next time you start going fwd after reversing, it may be a CV joint. I had a couple cars that did this.

my car does this... never going forward but once it reverse it will click once as soon as it starts moving backwards... then forward no click but if backwards again just one little click.

good thing I got 3 extra sets of axles :lol:
By Honda4life
#284756 That's the thing my car won't be moving at all. The car can be turned off and it still does it is I press the clutch pedal in and let it out half way
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#284766 from what im understanding...sounds like your pressure plate or something is stickingbut idk about trans that much so i could VERY well be wrong haha
By TrailerTrash
#289397 I just noticed my car doing this tonight... exact same sound when i push the clutch in :x

my clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing all barely have 10k miles on them...
By 95CivEg
#289411 happens to me too, it kind of sounds like its up under where the clutch pedal itself is. ive read a few other threads about the same thing, no1 ever seems to know exactly what it is lol
By Honda4life
#289430 I had finally fixed the problem, well most of it anyway. It's doesn't click anymore, but it is a little squeaky when cold out. What I did was get some lithium grease and lube the spring up where your clutch pedal is. Also the noise was coming from the pivot ball that hits the fork on the tranny when you engage and disengage your clutch. Turns out that the groove in the fork where the pivot ball hits needs to be greased up. Hope this helps you.
By 95CivEg
#289431 awesome! cool man thanks, replacing tranny soon so ill keep that ion mind
By TrailerTrash
#289621 brilliant! i shall have to take meself a gander at that which you speak of!

cheers :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
Honda4life wrote:I had finally fixed the problem, well most of it anyway. It's doesn't click anymore, but it is a little squeaky when cold out. What I did was get some lithium grease and lube the spring up where your clutch pedal is. Also the noise was coming from the pivot ball that hits the fork on the tranny when you engage and disengage your clutch. Turns out that the groove in the fork where the pivot ball hits needs to be greased up. Hope this helps you.

Wish i would have seen this sooner. I would have asked you if you greased up the fork.. lol.

Well now you know..
:thumb: