General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Godspeed_eg8
#279764 woke up this mornign and igo to work and all of a sudden i cant change gears and i foreced it into 1st gear at a stop and after like a long min of playing with it i finally got it in ( haha ) and it was the same for everyother gear.. but heres the other part when i put it in reverse all you hear is grinding until its in but just even putting it close to reverse its strts to grind what could be happening ?!
By Fada Blayne
#279772 u check ur reservoir? you might be low on fluid. do that and report back
By poorman type-r
#279773 Do not drive your car if you are low on fluid. I broke fifth gear in a b16 by forcing it into 5th and keeping it in gear when it wanted to pop out.
By Godspeed_eg8
Fada Blayne wrote:u check ur reservoir? you might be low on fluid. do that and report back

if your talking about the bolt that you can drain out the fluid , then i did check that and its leaking abit but i undid it and its got fluid in it
By Fada Blayne
#279776 check the reservoir by the brake fluid
By Godspeed_eg8
#279784 Yup I did and it was low so I topped it oFf after I bled it and I also checked is the slave cylinder and there was fluid in the boot so I'm guessing it leaking from the seals do you think it could be that ?
By Godspeed_eg8
#279989 ok so i replaced it but now its a bit better and its better in 3rd , 4th and 5th but 1st and 2nd and reverse is shit kaka i took it to a local shop and they told me it could be the linkage or the master cylinder and he said if that wasnt the problem maybe if i put something to put the slave cylinder pin a bit more that could also help .. any idea guys ?
By Eg6H2D
Godspeed_eg8 wrote:ok so i replaced it but now its a bit better and its better in 3rd , 4th and 5th but 1st and 2nd and reverse is shit kaka i took it to a local shop and they told me it could be the linkage or the master cylinder and he said if that wasnt the problem maybe if i put something to put the slave cylinder pin a bit more that could also help .. any idea guys ?

If your slave pin isnt being pusshed out far enough as it should. then your line does not have enough pressure and u need to repolace your CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER.. :thumb: