General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By MetruisVtec
#276437 Is this difficult at all? Im picking up my 94 sedan this weekend and its an auto. Im planning on swapping my h22 motor and using an gsr tranny. but really my main question is, is converting from an auto to manual gonna be a pain and is it common because ive searched and didnt see alot of people doing this? :?
By poorman type-r
#276441 search around. I know for a fact someone else has posted this exact same thing. Yes it is hard, definitely not easy.
By RWMIII
#276459 It is not that hard assuming you have all of the correct parts. Collecting those can prove to be a pain at times to have a flawless conversion. Hands down the most pain in the ass is the pedals. Here is the most concise how to I have come across for an auto to manual conversion: http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-foru ... -swap.html
By necropaulis
#276605 You can do it in under a day if you start early. Even faster if you don't take the axles off. Just pop em out of the trans.
By TrailerTrash
#276607 soooo.... your buying an automatic d series sedan and your going to swap in an H2B setup with an H22 and a GSR tranny?
By MetruisVtec
#276695 Well the car is just a shell right now so that makes it easier also right?

yea im wanting to go H2B if i can i already have the engine i just need the tranny.
By TrailerTrash
#276744 okay just wanted to be clear.

since your going to have everything out already its just gunna be a few extra steps to go manual
By MetruisVtec
#276796 why would there be more steps? Shouldnt it be less steps since the motor and tranny are already out?
By TrailerTrash
#276818 youll need to install...pedal assembly, hydrolics, and shift linkage.

plus there are other parts you will need that you may not have.