General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By egcivicboy
#276265 bump
By teal_dx
#285852 I bought an XTD stage 3 and took off the XTD sticker on the pressure plate and under the sticker it was stamped SPEC into the metal surface. I wonder if these guys make clutches for other companies to badge as their own? The stage 3 XTD has been a great clutch, so I guess that's saying something good for SPEC :thumb:
By egcivicboy
#285900 shankss..
By foxgearshift
teal_dx wrote:I bought an XTD stage 3 and took off the XTD sticker on the pressure plate and under the sticker it was stamped SPEC into the metal surface. I wonder if these guys make clutches for other companies to badge as their own? The stage 3 XTD has been a great clutch, so I guess that's saying something good for SPEC :thumb:

mmm i saw those XTD on ebay and i thought they were garbage because 2 of my freinds tried them cant remember what stage but they were slipping and they had to replace them!
By teal_dx
foxgearshift wrote:
teal_dx wrote:I bought an XTD stage 3 and took off the XTD sticker on the pressure plate and under the sticker it was stamped SPEC into the metal surface. I wonder if these guys make clutches for other companies to badge as their own? The stage 3 XTD has been a great clutch, so I guess that's saying something good for SPEC :thumb:

mmm i saw those XTD on ebay and i thought they were garbage because 2 of my freinds tried them cant remember what stage but they were slipping and they had to replace them!

Yeah I read some bad things about their stage 2 clutch when I was shopping for mine (back in 2006-07)