General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By JDMFanboi
#273741 Can anybody help me with this,my older brother Civic-Eg is having shift lag
feel a brief but somewhat large bump any cure?
Help appreciated thx
its an auto... :(
By RWMIII
#273807 can you explain: "feel a brief but somewhat large bump"?

is it during acceleration? deceleration? Take off from a stop? Downshifting?

How does the fluid color look? What type of fluid? And the level of the fluid?

should be a nice pink-reddish color. Should be Honda Auto Tranny fluid, and the level should be self explainatory.
By necropaulis
#273829 I think he means his tranny is starting to slip. Mine started doing that, then it stopped. The delay and the car. Time for a 5 speed :thumb:
By JDMFanboi
necropaulis wrote:I think he means his tranny is starting to slip. Mine started doing that, then it stopped. The delay and the car. Time for a 5 speed :thumb:

During acceleration shift it give a huge bump,like it stopped for a very brief moment
By RWMIII
JDMFanboi wrote:
necropaulis wrote:I think he means his tranny is starting to slip. Mine started doing that, then it stopped. The delay and the car. Time for a 5 speed :thumb:

During acceleration shift it give a huge bump,like it stopped for a very brief moment

How does the fluid color look? What type of fluid? And the level of the fluid?
By necropaulis
#274130 Check the fluid (smell it too burnt=bad), but it sounds like what happened to mine. If it feels like it's "slamming" into a gear, you're under the clock. I rode it like that for about a month and then the trans was trash, and that was with me driving it like I was afraid of it. After that, donezo. The reason why I say go for a 5 isn't cause it's more fun('cause we all know it is), but I wouldn't throw a used auto trans at anything. At least with a 5 sp. you can field test it before buying it.
By JDMFanboi
#274167 okay thanks ill see to it
let you when i see the conditions