General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Gustavo
#267228 Idk if this is the right section, but i was wondering if anybody had a DIY on how 2 replace ur shift linkages. I have new Hasport shift linkages n Energy Suspension shifter bushings that i need 2 instal but i would like 2 see a DIY on how to do this b4 I start. Thanks in advance.
By Classiccarsrule85
#267252 its fairly easy to do this job i mean ive never worked with hasport stuff but ive done the energy suspension bushings and im pretty sure its bolt in much like oem....

anyhow i dont have pics but here are the steps to remove your shift linkage and to install pretty well reverse
Tools
-1/4" punch
-hammer
-12mm socket and wrench
-extensions and socket wrench itself
-flat head screwdriver

--Jack up your car and support it with stands if you can only do this by one side do it on the p.side take off the p.side tire if you do it this way

--Get a flat head and pop the C clamp off the shift linkage (this is underneath the little boot sometimes its actually not even there....)

--now its up to preference really i normally tackle the 2 12mm bolts towards the back of the shift linkage first if this is done try and support the linkage

--they after teh two rears are done take a 1/4" pump and pop the "bitch pin" out with ease and unbolt the 12mm bolt next to it (you may have to use a flat head and pop the stabalizer bar out as it tends to be tight)

Congrats its all out
Use the dowel pins from the other linkage if not provided and install the ES bushings and then reinstall....
By teal_dx
#267255 And the 'bitch pin' is exactly that, it can be a real PITA if you don't use the correct size punch.
If you don't have the right size punch, you can try using a small socket or bolt that fits but the punch will make life easier. :thumb:
By forcefedEG
#267268 Yea I took an old flat punch and beveled the edges of it especially for that job. The linkage isn't much to install I did the hasport and energy bushing in my eg
By Gustavo
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:its fairly easy to do this job i mean ive never worked with hasport stuff but ive done the energy suspension bushings and im pretty sure its bolt in much like oem....

anyhow i dont have pics but here are the steps to remove your shift linkage and to install pretty well reverse
Tools
-1/4" punch
-hammer
-12mm socket and wrench
-extensions and socket wrench itself
-flat head screwdriver

--Jack up your car and support it with stands if you can only do this by one side do it on the p.side take off the p.side tire if you do it this way

--Get a flat head and pop the C clamp off the shift linkage (this is underneath the little boot sometimes its actually not even there....)

--now its up to preference really i normally tackle the 2 12mm bolts towards the back of the shift linkage first if this is done try and support the linkage

--they after teh two rears are done take a 1/4" pump and pop the "bitch pin" out with ease and unbolt the 12mm bolt next to it (you may have to use a flat head and pop the stabalizer bar out as it tends to be tight)

Congrats its all out
Use the dowel pins from the other linkage if not provided and install the ES bushings and then reinstall....

Thanks bro.
By Gustavo
teal_dx wrote:And the 'bitch pin' is exactly that, it can be a real PITA if you don't use the correct size punch.
If you don't have the right size punch, you can try using a small socket or bolt that fits but the punch will make life easier. :thumb:

My friend said he used a old spark plug. Can u use that?
By Gustavo
forcefedEG wrote:Yea I took an old flat punch and beveled the edges of it especially for that job. The linkage isn't much to install I did the hasport and energy bushing in my eg

After u installed them did u feel a difference? Like was it more stiffer?
By forcefedEG
#267278 I installed mine when I went from a sohc to a lsv, and I could tell it was a tighter Linkage and Def. Less flex i was happy with it
By Gustavo
forcefedEG wrote:I installed mine when I went from a sohc to a lsv, and I could tell it was a tighter Linkage and Def. Less flex i was happy with it

Good. Cause i have alot of flex on mine.