General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By HatchbackCrusader
#264927 Yo whats up everyone. My clutch master cylinder is leaking like crazy inside my car, so I know I have to get it replaced (duh). But after searching around, I came across a lot of "clutch master cylinder kits." Comes with new seal, spring, etc. Has anyone ever went with the kit, or just got the whole thing replaced?
By HatchbackCrusader
teal_dx wrote:Since you have to take the whole thing out anyways, I've only replaced the whole unit.
What's the price difference?

Local parts store: $50

Kit: $10
By Eg6H2D
#264949 Just get a new entire unit.. . your better off.

:thumb:
By TrailerTrash
EG6b20R wrote:Just get a new entire unit.. . your better off.

:thumb:

this. you might aswell replace it all if your gunna have it out anyway
By Ecc0
#265055 Just replace it but go for the teg master cylinder as you then have the reservoir tank on the cylinder which means it'll tidy up your engine bay at the same time
By RWMIII
Ecc0 wrote:Just replace it but go for the teg master cylinder as you then have the reservoir tank on the cylinder which means it'll tidy up your engine bay at the same time

x2
By HatchbackCrusader
#265874 Wish I would of known sooner, I ordered the eg one already. Anyways, I've gotten everything off except for the clutch fluid line; the bolt is being really stubborn and I dont want to strip it. Already tried liquid wrench. Any suggestions?
Last edited by HatchbackCrusader on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TrailerTrash
Ecc0 wrote:Just replace it but go for the teg master cylinder as you then have the reservoir tank on the cylinder which means it'll tidy up your engine bay at the same time

:?

pics?
By RWMIII
TrailerTrash wrote:

:?

pics?

EG:

Integra:

or you could do an S2K one:
By That One Dude
#266451 The reservoir for the CMC on the Integras has never been on the MC itself as far as I've seen. And I'm on my 4th Integra...and I've replaced the CMC on three of the four.

The Omnipower CMC is similar to the S2K unit, but it sports a shorter throw and quicker shifts and less pedal effort.