General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By xjm92x
#263496 i have an automatic 94 Lx and lately have been having LOTS of headaches and the newest one is well i think a bad tranny or clutch

today my car started Rolling back something its never done before, when i accelerate the engine just revs then the car jerks forward and starts moving also sometimes my tiers peel when i accelerate.based on these symptoms any ideas?

Edit - 7/15
okay so im confused 100% i have no idea whats wrong, when i throw my car in reverse when i hit the gas the engine just revs and then i start moving same thing when i put it in drive it just revs then i start moving :cry: whats wronggg
Last edited by xjm92x on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By xjm92x
#263506 Anyonee??
By Ajax1989
#263547 time for a rebuild... if u stay automatic

click---> http://hnatrans.com/
and call for a price on a rebuilt unit

or if u go manual then u gotta buy a trans, pedals mounts etc...

oh and automatics dont have clutchs like manual cars do
auto have drums with tiny clutch disc
By xjm92x
#263584 alright but why is my car doing that?
By butta75
#263597 First of all there is no clutch in an automatic as they use torque converters so it can't be a clutch. Is it throwing any codes, does it have transmission fluid. Need a little more information. Worst case scenario you can just go find any auto d series transmission at a local junk yard and bolt it up for cheap.
By xjm92x
#263603 No Cels

there is tranny fluid, but its a blackish color is that goo d or is it time to change and

my local junkyard only has a 93 EX auto trans is that compatible with a b7 block?
By butta75
#263613 If its black, it's pretty done. I would either contact that link for the transmission place or snatch up that other ex tranny asap. All d series transmissions bolt up to any d series motor. What part of ny are you from? There are a bunch of good junk yards around my house in Dutchess County.
By xjm92x
#263620 i live on long island, in suffolk county
By RWMIII
xjm92x wrote:No Cels

there is tranny fluid, but its a blackish color is that goo d or is it time to change and

my local junkyard only has a 93 EX auto trans is that compatible with a b7 block?

Transmission fluid should be a nice pinkish-red color. Black=BAD. And the 93 EX will bolt right up.
By xjm92x
#263671 Okay guys i have located 3 95 civic trannys 2 of them are reasonable prices 200 - 250 the last one was 350 :thumbdown: well would this 95 tranny bolt up to my d15b7 block with no issue or need to mod anything?
By RWMIII
xjm92x wrote:Okay guys i have located 3 95 civic trannys 2 of them are reasonable prices 200 - 250 the last one was 350 :thumbdown: well would this 95 tranny bolt up to my d15b7 block with no issue or need to mod anything?

yes.
By xjm92x
#263953 Well Just Wanted To Say thanks to everyone who gave their advice, got my tranny swappend and im having no more issues. :thumb: now all i have to do is change my tires cuz my old tranny made them peel and now their warped :x