General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By orangeEG
#256446 So my buddy went to look at a 96 hatch and I went with him, as we were Looking at it I noticed a eg hatch behind the shed, I asked what the deal with it was and they said "the rear wiper stopped working and at the same time the clutch won't go into gear unless the car is shut off" so i offered them a "off your yard" price off 100 and they took it. Now I looked at wire going to the rear wiper and it is torched, any possibility that the clutch switch that allows the car to go Into gear is attached to the same fuse?

Let me know if you have any ideas because the cars still sitting there and they want it gone haha
By orangeEG
#256447 Oh and also the clutch pedal is about 3/4 to the floor and sometimes you have to flip it back up with your foot
By mooze
#256448 there is no clutch switch that allows the car to go into gear....its only a safety measure for staRT up...make sure there is fluid in the reservoir and if that doesnt work you will need to start at the slave and master cylinder to find out why u dont have pressure....one is likely to b busted
By orangeEG
#256458 Haha I now I said to my buddy "fuck it I'm gunna offer her a 100 bucks" thinking she'd think it's worthless and let it go for like 300 then she busts out " sure if you can have it gone in a week"

I them noticed the odometer said 111400km and when I asked her if it was broke she said she used it for diliver mail only and she bought it in 97. I thought my head was about to pop off. Looks like I got myself a winter car haha

Now abou the rear wiper, she said she was driving, turned on the rear wiper the car filled with smoke and she pulled over and shut it off, when she got back in it wouldent go Into gear and that's when her husband noticed the wire going to the rear wiper was melted, so I can't help but think these 2 things are linked in one way or another?
By mooze
teal_dx wrote:exactly what mooze said and everyone reading this is jealous of your deal you got :thumb: :thumb:

yes we are..damn...good steal though
By mooze
orangeEG wrote:Haha I now I said to my buddy "fuck it I'm gunna offer her a 100 bucks" thinking she'd think it's worthless and let it go for like 300 then she busts out " sure if you can have it gone in a week"

I them noticed the odometer said 111400km and when I asked her if it was broke she said she used it for diliver mail only and she bought it in 97. I thought my head was about to pop off. Looks like I got myself a winter car haha

Now abou the rear wiper, she said she was driving, turned on the rear wiper the car filled with smoke and she pulled over and shut it off, when she got back in it wouldent go Into gear and that's when her husband noticed the wire going to the rear wiper was melted, so I can't help but think these 2 things are linked in one way or another?

the two are not related in anyway so you at least know whats wrong with the wiper...first try to find out what caused the wire to fry...clutch is still what i stated earlier
By BurqueB16
#257396 well what might have happened is that they both shorted at the same time due to the wires grounding out from water getting in or something. i would check and replace all fuses and wires first, then move on to fluids. :thumb:
By mooze
BurqueB16 wrote:well what might have happened is that they both shorted at the same time due to the wires grounding out from water getting in or something. i would check and replace all fuses and wires first, then move on to fluids. :thumb:

did you not read what i just posted above..either way what u just said doesnt make any sense anyway....how do you short a Manual transmission....wait...wait...you cant. speed sensor and reverse switch have nothing to do with clutch engagement