General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By DannyCraQ
#27662 without yanking the whole engine, cause i just swapped the engine a month back, and i just wanna take the tranny out without removing the engine, its an automatic, ive disconnected everything on the tranny, ive got my cherry picker ready. i plan on getting this done in one day, i know its possible, i just cant be assed to deal with yanking the tranny/engine again, anybody got any tips? as to just pulling the tranny?
By teal_dx
#27677 I think you pretty much said it, unhook all sensors & hoses, unbolt the TQ from the flex plate thru the service panel, pull axles, hook the tranny to the picker, unbolt the 3 mounts to tranny & unbolt starter & tranny bolts to the engine, and then pull :thumb:

Be sure to have something under your oil pan like a stack of phone books or wood, your engine will fall down at an angle if you dont.
By DannyCraQ
#27689 ah fuck, i just actually yanked it out the top, i know more work than i needed to, but i did it in an hour 45 mins

not bad, better than i did last time yanking it out which took a week n a half :hehe: