General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By ikon
#251281 my d series tranny stopped going into gear in the parking lot. i got it home and replaced the slave cylinder and drained the fluids and all that. bled the system but when i took it for a test drive it only worked for a minute then the problem started again. it goes into gear when the car is off fine but not when its on its grinds like crazy. any suggestions on what the problem is.
By 94EJ2
#251319 does it not go in to any gears or just select ones it could be syncro's but dont take my word for that
By forcefedEG
#251340 It could be the clutch master cylinder , if it works for just little and then stops , the seal on the piston in the master cylinder could be leaking past after a few times of being used, but normally they leak fluid if that happens but not always. :? That would be my beat guess I would say its probably not mechanical in the trans if it works for a little but and then stops
By ikon
#251627 i replaced the slave cylinder and the fluid level is fine so no leaks. i bled the system so either a spring went out on the clutch or a piece boke off and is keep the clutch from disengaging..... soooo here we go rippin it off and shit :(
By DanK422
#251638 Same thing happend to me. It was the torsion spring on the clutch.