General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By JimmyD
#251156 I found a teal automatic civic eg coupe on craigslist with no motor and I might be able to get it for 800. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be worth it to change it to manual or would it be too costly.
By ghskid06
#251160 conversions arent too difficult, finding all the parts might take some time.

(pedals and clutch res) the other stuff is all over the place.

Id expect a pretty clean body for 800 bucks.
By JimmyD
#251162 The body is pretty clean but I just talked to him and he said he would sell it with a d16z6 for 1000 and then all it would need was brakes. Is the d16z6 a good engine, cause if it is then I might just keep it automatic.
By yardman84
#255059 D16z6 is a good engine. I am facing the same dilema and i decided to go with intake, headers, and exhaust. If you need it faster you get a new intake manifold or switch out the cam gears.
By teal_dx
#255065 Buy it and take your time looking for the parts to convert to 5 speed so you can find some good deals. Then eventually when you get bored of an auto you can convert to manual :thumb:
By forcefedEG
#255106 The conversion stuff shouldn't be too bad as far as price, I sold everything to do a manual conversion for a sohc for 150 about 2yr ago, it was Trans (dx), Linkage, clutch and flywheel, clutch master and pedals, and clutch line and T bracket

So keep your eyes open I'm sure you can find a good deal. A lot of yards won't want much for that stuff if you pull it
By familyEGuy23
#259390 Get it and as teal said take your time getting the parts I'm currently working on the conversion as we speak :thumb: still looking for some parts though I want it done right the first time I do it the most expensive thing from the conversion is probably the auto to manual mount I got an innovative ..$170 shipped I think I payed alot but it'll be worth it in the long run :woot:

Forcefedeg: t bracket? Do you know What other mounts I need? I just heard so many different things :roll:

Jimmy's: sorry don't mean to steal your thread :wink: