General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By optimuslc
#248039 my shifter and console area inside my eg gets real hot. a mechanic told me that the plate below- just right on top of the exhaust below my shifter is a bit thin. Is this true? need experienced advice. pls help!
By Ajax1989
#248041 there is a rubber boot that is suspsoed to be covering the hole where the shifter goes.. if that isnt there, then the heat from the exhaust will warm up the shifter and the console :thumb:
By That One Dude
#248075 Catalytic converter could be clogged up. That would block the exhaust flow and cause the cat shell to get extremely hot.

The mechanic who told you that the heat shield is "a bit thin" isn't too bright. That's stock. And Honda would not have put that there is it didn't work. properly.
By forcefedEG
That One Dude wrote:
The mechanic who told you that the heat shield is "a bit thin" isn't too bright. That's stock. And Honda would not have put that there is it didn't work. properly.

X2
By chrono404
94_jdm_ferio wrote:there is a rubber boot that is suspsoed to be covering the hole where the shifter goes.. if that isnt there, then the heat from the exhaust will warm up the shifter and the console :thumb:

x2

I apparently didn't install my boot properly doing my b20 swap and my leather boot gets warm after driven, even on cold days. I actually kind of like it as Washington is pretty cold.
By That One Dude
#248098 The shifter is going to get warm no matter what simply because it's directly over the catalytic converter. If it's getting HOT to the touch, then there's a problem. Pull your cat down and report back your findings.