General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By rallyx_eg
#247699 Well all hopes of running a b series went out the window today when I was reading the max attack rules... I have to run a block that came in the egs so that means im stuck with d series. So i'm lookin for a d series tranny with the shortest gears and also need an lsd!!! any input would help Thanks!!!
By mooze
#247765 a hybrid gear set would be your best bet over aftermarket
By kapow
#276059 B16 came stock in the EG's, it's an SiR
By RWMIII
kapow wrote:B16 came stock in the EG's, it's an SiR

Not in the US. We didnt get the B16 until the 99-00 Si.

edit: forgot about the VTEC del Sol. Hmm...that is still considered an EG chassis though, right? Sounds like a loophole to me.
By Gunni
rallyx_eg wrote:Well all hopes of running a b series went out the window today when I was reading the max attack rules... I have to run a block that came in the egs so that means im stuck with d series. So i'm lookin for a d series tranny with the shortest gears and also need an lsd!!! any input would help Thanks!!!

Not in the US. We didnt get the B16 until the 99-00 Si.

if the rules are the same/similar to our rules it does not matter were in the world X type of car came with X type of motor....like civic eg came with b16a2 then we can use that e.c.t
i would look into that better if i were u
By teal_dx
So i'm lookin for a d series tranny with the shortest gears and also need an lsd!!! any input would help Thanks!!!

Check junk yards/craigslist for a 92-95 EX coupe or Si hatch/del sol with the D16z6. These will have the shortest geared transmission.
By ohDirka
#281989 which class are you planning on competing in? which sanctioning body is the host of the event? I know for Rally America as long as the motor is made by the manufacture and it meets the requirements you can run it. I was just the Perryville rally a few weeks ago and a guy had a Suzuki Hayabusa motor in a Geo Metro and because the Metro was technically made by Suzuki and the motor was under the displcement cap it was allowed. I have also seen lots of hondas with b series swaps and even an h swap.
By TrailerTrash
D15kid wrote:which class are you planning on competing in? which sanctioning body is the host of the event? I know for Rally America as long as the motor is made by the manufacture and it meets the requirements you can run it. I was just the Perryville rally a few weeks ago and a guy had a Suzuki Hayabusa motor in a Geo Metro and because the Metro was technically made by Suzuki and the motor was under the displcement cap it was allowed. I have also seen lots of hondas with b series swaps and even an h swap.

pics now :x