General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By teal_dx
#26603 If I take a flywheel/clutch/pressure plate combo from one motor and put it on a different motor, do I need to have the flywheel resurfaced? (yes I will be replacing the pilot bearing & release bearing)
By Gorveatt
#26604 My motto is if it's comming off it ain't going back on... but that is more so forthe clutch and pressure plate, I can't remember if a flywheel is included in the kit :? i've neve had to change a flywheel hmm... i'd say it depends on how bad/good it is
By Greasedmonkey
#26605 No you dont have to resurface the flywheel unless its damaged or grooved. much like a brake rotor.
By ohDirka
#26607 isnt your clutch and flywheel like brand new?
By teal_dx
#26632 it's not brand new, but it has a good amount of clutch left. I was asking because I thought I read once that if you use everything together again, then the flywheel will already match the surface of the clutch and there was no need to have the flywheel resurfaced.
By ChicagoMike
#26639 I'll PM you a price later today on a Fidanza flywheel. You cant go wrong with lightweight! :woot:
By ChicagoMike
teal_dx wrote:I should add that it is for my beater stock EK... definitely not fidanza worthy 8)

Oh, beater style........re-use it. :lol:
By LowTEC-Derbo
teal_dx wrote:it's not brand new, but it has a good amount of clutch left. I was asking because I thought I read once that if you use everything together again, then the flywheel will already match the surface of the clutch and there was no need to have the flywheel resurfaced.

i say do not do anything to it. Just inspect the flywheel to see if it has abnormal wear and hotspots or anything. If it looks good, just slap it in. :)
By asianrob
#26660 id go ahead and do it just because if it needs to be resurfaced and its already on your car yea.. id ont want to do all that work agian lol you could go ahead and just pick up one of those clutch flywheel combos off the ebay the ones that has the pressure plate, light weight flywheel and new clutch so you are starting off fresh
By ohDirka
#26688 o well just reuse it man..hows that project commin along?
By teal_dx
#26693 found out that the auto HX's use the standard 4 wire o2, the manual ecu requires a 5 wire o2 which is gonna cost me at least $200 :x
That and the rubber mounts are the only hold up right now :woot:
By Ej2-B16a
#28194 you dont have to resurface it, UNLESS its really at its time.. (but you always could it)
By JLau
#28219 Needed? No. I do everytime due to the fact that it is relatively cheap and seeing what the difference is between the matting surface. It is well worth it for the cost.