General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By OmarG
#241259 The clutch in my car took a dump on me about a week ago. I was at a stop sign, clutched in, revved to about 1.5k and let got. The car lurched and tried to stall. I clutched in again to keep it from stalling, and released slowly. Every time I changed gear from that point on, the pedal never returned to the original place, it just kinda fell limply to the floor. I limped it to the garage, and checked the clutch fluid reservoir and it was empty. It that normal for a clutch going out, or an I looking at a fucked slave cylinder too?

I bought a stage 2 "F1 racing" clutch. I know they're shit, but it's all I can afford at this point. I have a stage 2 exedy in there now, but I just don't have the scratch to replace it with something nice.

I didn't buy a new flywheel, (I forgot) I works at a machine shop, and I could stick the stock type-r on a lathe and turn it down, but I don't know how far I can take it down. Do I have to face both of the sides down equally? I don't plan on taking more that ten thou per side.

I heard of people taking a little air grinders and sanding them down. honestly, I'd rather not fuck with it at all if thats the case.
By OmarG
#241300 I have no idea if it was or not, which is why I'm posting. Haha. How do I find out?

I have NEVER had a problem with the clutch slipping at all. It always caught the first time, every time. I could drop gears like a mother fucker and have power to the wheels instantly. (And you could tell it was a stage 2 exedy when I did.)

Like I said, the only time it ever acted up was at that stop light. The light turned green, started taking off like normal, no rush, and the clutch grabbed, almost stalled for some reason, and I clutched back in really fast to keep it from stalling. Shifting into 2-5 was weird because the pedal was nearly touching the floor the entire time. at the next stop light, I had absolutely no clutch at all.

When I got to my buddy's garage, the resevior was empty...
By OmarG
#241302 If I have a JDM 2001 spec ITR swap. How hard would it be to find a new slave cylinder for it? Is there a way I can bleed my current slave cylinder? Keep the help coming, lord knows I need all the help I can get. haha.
By Eg6H2D
#242297 If you didnt hear any clicking like metal to metal sounds when you pressed the pedal. then it's definately a clutch hydraulics system issue. no pressure means a line popped or your clutch master cylinder sals are work out and not holding the pressure. easy fix. it's one of 3 things. your slave cylinder, your clutch soft rubber line, or your clutch master cylinder at the firewall......

Check to see if any of the lines busted maybe the rubber one. put fluid and pump the clutch and check for leaks, look under the car for any wet spots near the clutch line route.. .. check inside the car too where your pedal is to see if there are any leaks.. .. check that first and get back to us well go from there..!! :thumb: