General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By jred
#238458 This is the second time this happened to me. The fist time i didn't drive the car for a couple of days, when i tried to put the gear in reverse it wasn't slipping into gear, it wasn't slipping into any of the gears. but when the car is switched off the gears goes in fine, after bout a hour or so i tried back and it worked normal.
This morning the same thing happened again "and made me late for work :x "
what causes that???
a buddy on mines told me it could be that water/moisture got into the fly wheel and that was causing it to stick and when the water drys off it'll work like normal again. is that true :?
what do yall think? has it ever happened to any of yall?
By elrompetoto
#238460 is it only happening in r....if it is heres a trick b4 u go into r put the car in 3 the go into r...it opens up the gear box and lets r gome in easy
By jred
#238461 well this morning it was all the gears that were sticking and when i turn off the engine the gears was going in fine,
and left the car alone for bout a half hour and when i went back to try again it was shifting like normal
that very confusing :?
By jred
#238467 the fluid is on the full mark and pedals feels normal jus the gear aren't slipping into place, my guess is its sum thing with the clutch assemble,
could the water/moisture theory be true ?
By jred
#238601 It was my Master cylinder it had a small leak....at least i hope thats all wats wrong.......
By jred
#238614 Is there any way to rebuild your clutch master cylinder or do you jus have to replace it?
By teal_dx
#238616 There's a seal inside that can be replaced but I've only replaced the whole unit. I got one from 1Aauto on here before when my EK MC went out, it was cheap.
Or you can use an S2000 MC if you want to make an upgrade out of it. I put one in my EG and it feels so good every time I press the clutch pedal! It's a direct fit :D
By jred
#238621 cool thanks for the info :thumb:
yeah i might jus replace the whole thing if i come across a S2000 MC i'll be sure to buy it " there's always room for an upgrades" :D
By slow_learner456
#240342 if the master and slave replacement rebuild doesnt work however it could be the throwout bearing.

when they go out the clutch with hold its grip but the bearing not spinning with act as if its not releasing.

just my thoughts :thumb: