General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Datsmart
#238088 Here is a link to Hasport mounts:
http://hasport.com/store/index.php/moun ... /egb1.html

The mount on the left of the group is for the transmission to body mounting.
Note the wide spacing of the three holes. That is for the Cable trans. A Hydro trans also uses three bolts, but in a different tighter grouping.

With the added expense of the cable/hydro conversion and the special transmission mounts, any savings buying a cable trans is lost.
That and the unknown performance of the cable/hydro kit, I would steer clear of the cable trans altogether.
By Eg6H2D
B20vtec-turbo wrote:Whats wrong with this?
http://hasport.com/store/index.php/accessories/clutch/efbhcl.html

I can use this right?

if im not mistaken that's for a car equipped with a cable clutch system already. like 91 civic or 90-93 integra.. they dont use clutch master cylinders...

you have a clutcvh master cylinder.... and a cable trans which doesnt use a slave cylinder send pressure to the pressure plate fork. that cable comes from the clutch pedal assembly itself. your pedal movement pulls the cable to activate the fork to push in the pressure plate forks..

i have yet to see a hydrolic factory system use a cable trans.. personally..

you said you have a b16 now in your 97 civic? Man is it a b16 tranny? Mannnnn transfer everyhting from the cable unit like the LSD and gear cluster if you want and slap it back on. clutch will fir and flywheel so dont know what teh issue is..

go into the DIY threads on here and check out Choron's DIY tranny rebuild.

if you thinking the cable clutch is better dont think that way. it's the same it's just a diff year.. same ratios if im not mistaken unless the CRX changed anything.. cable transmission came only because the hydro system wasnt out yet obviously... so they had to use that. Hydro is the self adjust clutch unit basically.. the cable u have to adjust manually over by the trans..

Now im not sayin it cant be done because now a days anyhting is possible. just isnt an easy task..
By 94EJ2
#238171 was it your crx if so why not just pull the cable and pedal assembly out and put it in your 97
By B20vtec-turbo
#238231 I'm considering swapping the tranny now, I just didn't want to go through all that trouble... I guess I'm in the marked for a hydro tranny that I can swap my internals over too.

Yes all of what I have used to be in a crx. I haven't swapped over to the civic yet, the engine and tranny is still in my EG at the moment and thats what I done in the EG, swapped over the crx pedals and converted it to cable. It works but the pedals stick up really high, I don't like it...