General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Datsmart
#234516 Check out an On Line site to order the bearings that fit into the cases.
Compare part numbers between a B18 and B16. If they are the same you should be OK.

I know that in the D series the DX trans and EX trans have different size bearings.
By chrono404
#234559 The B18 ls case should bolt up to the B16 base.

I looked at the part numbers bewteen Honda and Acura. The Outer Case is a different part number bewteen the B18b LS tranny, The B18c GSR Tranny and even anouther one for the B18c5 Type-R Transmission Case.

Not sure what is different bewteen the cases. However all the gears are compatable. I.E. You can stuff b16 gears and diff into a LS Transmission and basically have a B16 tranny in a LS Case.

I would personally try to fit a LS case on a b16 tranny base. If it has some issues you can move all the guts into the LS Case.
By asianrob
#234566 it will mostly likely fit. but from what i was told by one of my friends that work on Honda trans is that each gear set is pretty much tailored to each case like the tolerances and etc.. but they should fit none the less.

he also recased a B16 trans that i had. with a GSR case. but as far as different part numbers i dont know why they would do that?
By {ikon}EM1
#234630 Ok also another thing I know that the gears are interchangable but what about the syncros????

Like for example 2nd gear syncro on the b16 trans would be replaced by the b18 ls syncro... and vise versa...
Thanks. :thumb:
By Datsmart
#234642 Syncro's have to match each individual gear, like same number of teeth.
Doubt they will be a match between a B16 and a B18 second gear, different ratios.
If you move "gear sets" between the trans, you will have to keep the syncro's with the matching gears.