General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By teal_dx
#25261 There's no dip stick like there was on my auto... any easy way to check if my fluid is low?

Or you just top it off and wait for it to spill out?
By ChicagoMike
#25266 Drain it and start over fresh, that way you KNOW that the correct amount is in there. :thumb:

D series 1.9qts
B series 2.5qts

Remove the VSS and pour it directly in there. :thumb:
By teal_dx
#25270 I filled it with Honda MTF not too long ago... I was just looking for a way to check the level from time to time in case any of any slow leaks through the axle seals.

That VSS was way easier than messing with a funnel into the higher hole on the side of the tranny :thumb:
By chnzgoofball
#25522 the way i did it was fill it up thru the "fill plug" and wait till it starts to spill out then cap it and wala ure done! lol :lol:
By LowTEC-Derbo
#25763 i have a pump and use it on a lift to fill it up from the bottom :)

gotta love lifts at work.

the only way is to refill MTF....

and if your seals are leaking..you might as well replace those when you refill.. not very expensive to replace. just make sure you have a bearing driver.
By chnzgoofball
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:i have a pump and use it on a lift to fill it up from the bottom :)

and if your seals are leaking..you might as well replace those when you refill.. not very expensive to replace. just make sure you have a bearing driver.

i didnt need a bearing driver when i changed my seals :D
By LowTEC-Derbo
chnzgoofball wrote:
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:i have a pump and use it on a lift to fill it up from the bottom :)

i didnt need a bearing driver when i changed my seals :D

lol at least hve something flat enough to make sure it has a good seal. I just happen to have it so why not use it :)
By miguel329
#32661 damn! all along i could of poured it in the vss location?? is that ok to do?
By Ej2-B16a
#33647 you guys know theres another way to doit :hehe:

fill it thru the top of the speed sensor, only problem with that is u gatta know the exact measurements,
By LowTEC-Derbo
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:you guys know theres another way to doit :hehe:

fill it thru the top of the speed sensor, only problem with that is u gatta know the exact measurements,

the vss is the speed sensor?

and what you mean measurements? just fill it up till it flows out. :]
By Ej2-B16a
#33661 ah didnt read the thread completly :hehe: , yeah i like fillin it thru the speed senor, i dont have to luxury of a pump haha too cheap to buy 1 even tho their like 99 cents.. i think its more lazyness?
By yashep
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:ah didnt read the thread completly :hehe: , yeah i like fillin it thru the speed senor, i dont have to luxury of a pump haha too cheap to buy 1 even tho their like 99 cents.. i think its more lazyness?

i've never use a pump or anything i just squeeze the bottle between everything and start pouring thru the speed sensor.
By Ej2-B16a
yashep wrote:
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:ah didnt read the thread completly :hehe: , yeah i like fillin it thru the speed senor, i dont have to luxury of a pump haha too cheap to buy 1 even tho their like 99 cents.. i think its more lazyness?

i've never use a pump or anything i just squeeze the bottle between everything and start pouring thru the speed sensor.[/qui

i herd some thing about ur tranny oil can ''bubble up'' if u pour it thru ur speed sensor?
By LowTEC-Derbo
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:
yashep wrote:

i've never use a pump or anything i just squeeze the bottle between everything and start pouring thru the speed sensor.[/qui

i herd some thing about ur tranny oil can ''bubble up'' if u pour it thru ur speed sensor?

no.

:thumbdown: