General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By blulightning101
#230319 hi newbi here, i traded my blazer for a civic a few months ago and dude had a tranny and clutch on its last leg but included a tranny in back of hatch (dont know which one it is at this time) and used clutch. the motor is a jdm d15 and before the tranny just got swapped out it was actually pretty zippy (it has cai,header,catback,no ps,no ac) now i can take 1st up to 45 (no tach at the moment) and think im only pushing my guess like 1800rpm at 75 and if im in 5th and going up a hill between 60 and 70 it cant do it i have to downshift to take it back up to 70 didnt have to before so is it the obvious its the wrong tranny? its really annoying driving on the interstate should i switch out trannys again or just wait to save up for a swap to a diff motor b,k,h ect. im new to hondas but have always liked them and i like this hatch thanks
By TrailerTrash
#230460 sounds like my car with the VX tranny it used to have(JDM D15b engine aswell)

if you dont like the gears(i know i didnt) just swap that tranny out for something shorter
By blulightning101
#230483 what tranny would be shorter that i could use that is realativly easy to find
By Datsmart
#230532 An SI/EX trans will be "Shorter" and have a lower Final drive than your CX/VX trans.
You can identify the EX/Si trans by a code cast near the fill plug. You'll see a circle cast into the housing.
P20-A000 = DX,CX,VX trannys
P20-B000 = Si,EX trannys.
By chrono404
Datsmart wrote:An SI/EX trans will be "Shorter" and have a lower Final drive than your CX/VX trans.
You can identify the EX/Si trans by a code cast near the fill plug. You'll see a circle cast into the housing.
P20-A000 = DX,CX,VX trannys
P20-B000 = Si,EX trannys.

X2