General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Vegeta_man111
#226507 Most of you know F2D is a f series engine on d series tranny. Im looking to see what is the best tranny build for this kind of setup. I cant rev the engine too high as I dont have enough money to destroke this one yet. Looked around a bit and I think I am gonna run my dx trans with a different 3rd gear and maybe a different final drive but still not sure. Anyone have suggestions? I may be having Mista Bone do my tranny if I feel not up to it.
By Vegeta_man111
#226607 I know bone from Ohiohondas.com and he definitely knows all about trannys. Everyone is trying to steer me away from doing the f2d and go f2b but for the price of a built b series tranny I can get 2 built d series trannys.
By mooze
#226682 what motor are u plan on running in the first place?
By d-mon
#226689 bone will tell probably tell you to use the ex trans. unless you are a 'hyper miler'
f's, like d's, make their power at lower revs (sooner) than b's.
but b transmissions have more options for different gear ratios than d trans.
By Vegeta_man111
#226842 bone is wanting me to use a b series tranny. But for the price of it (over 1500.oo for the f2b with mounts and a b series tranny alone) I could have a f2d and a semi-built tranny.
By Ajax1989
#226863 on thing i herd bout the d serise trans when it comes to the f2d n h2d is that the d serise gears are stubby nd strong
By Vegeta_man111
#226865 For the price of a b series tranny and the adapter and mounts u can have a built d series full setup
By Vegeta_man111
#226884 Maybe im looking at it wrong but im seeing the 1,3, and 5th gear is around a grand. I guess after the price difference of the adapter and having to buy b series mounts and axles it is cheaper. Plus the 300.00 stock gar trannys now a days.
By Vegeta_man111
#226896 Think those builds would hold 450hp for long? I know it wont last but wanna know how long.
By mooze
#226900 i know a guy who did a custom build and ran it for 2 years before he sold it no problems. he had 350+ whp
By Vegeta_man111
#226902 That exact build? My worry is that the mfactory gears wont hold and i will need to buy another set regardles so why not go cheap?