General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By intheworks
#226277 1992 civic
b16a
hydraulic clutch

replaced master and slave cylinder. Bled the clutch by having buddy pump the clutch then hold it, i then opened bleeder valve with a rubber hose going into a cup of fluid. Did this until i seen no more bubbles coming out, but still clutch is soft. Iv heard about having the system pressure bled?? Any help would be great

ps: i searched last night and this morning but only find people that have a bad slve or master cylinder.
By Datsmart
#226282 You say your "Clutch is Soft". It will not feel "hard" like your brake pedal, but if it doesn't feel like it is releasing the clutch disk properly you probably still have air in the line.
Since you are bleeding air bubbles DOWN the line, it will take a lot of bleeding if you have air trapped near the master cylinder.
When I bleed brakes or a hydraulic clutch, I use a very long clear plastic tubing that I reroute back into the top reservoir. That way I can see any bubbles and keep it pumping until I am sure it is clear.
By intheworks
#226287 i will have to try that, run a tube from the bleeder valve straight back into the reservoir. tonight i will do some more bleeding and hope to get it back to having some pressure
By teal_dx
#226292 I also bet it is air still in the line. I bleed mine by myself by putting a small rubber hose from the bleeder valve down into a container of fluid. Then there's no way air can get back in. All I do then is keep the reservoir topped off and keep pumping.
By Eg6H2D
#226431 Have u checkes to make sure the rubber line is good and not overly expanding?. Or aNy leak anywhere on the hard line?.

And when u say no pressurr that means the pedal itself is not kicking back up on its own. Remember oem. CLutch are relatively soft. So unless u have a upgraded clutch omni power master cylinder and a direct stainless braided line. Its going to remain rather soft...
By intheworks
#226471 got it to a point were there is pressure but not like before i changed the slave/master. Bled the thing for awhile and no air bubbles at all. Im suspecting the subpar parts im using from autozone are the cause.
By Datsmart
#226481 I like to stay with OEM parts even if they are from a wrecking yard. Honda OEM parts are high quality, even the hardware like nuts and bolts are better than anything you can buy at a hardware store.
You may be right about your Autozone parts. I have heard of people using flex line all the way from the master to the slave cylinder and getting too much play and expansion in it. Quality parts are important.