General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By cjw_89
#225465 So i decided to modify my integra dual bend shifter today.It starter with two throttle body bearings i got from a dodge stratus throttle body.I then got a piece of pipe about an inch in length for the bearings to press into.

Here is what i started with:

From there i cut the previous lower portion of the shifter off and and i extended it an inch.With the 1'' long pipe i welded a bolt to it and extended it where i was comfortable with.

I then filled the bolt in with weld and ground it down so it looks half sensible.

Heres a pick of the bearings pressed in like you would get with an aftermarket shifter.Why buy new when with some time make your own for nothing ;)

I installled it after i finished.What a difference from upgrading to bearings over a bushing/rubber o-ring style.The shifts are just right too.Anyways i hope somebody gets this idea and uses it for thier shfter in the future. Cheers :thumb:
By cjw_89
#225468 mods please move this to somewhere it ill be noticed.Not all previous members will see this :D
By cjw_89
#225474 thanks alot.I could of done a better job on it but i had a timeline(gf is in school)..I could of used a peice of round stock and beveled the edges and filled them in but that required time to dig up a peice of rounds stock lmao.

Id recommend this for anyone with a mig or hobby welder.Its very easy but make sure you weld it straight.Thats why i used two sockets and a straight edge to keep it true.
By Chance
cjw_89 wrote:mods please move this to somewhere it ill be noticed.Not all previous members will see this :D

Done. :wink:
By cjw_89
#228428 Thanks bys.I looked and looked for this link when it popped in my head.Turns out i got the idea from a ford zx2 and it was a monstrocity! acr welded lol.. I dont see this on the diys.I think it would looks some nice when someone like myself typed it up on google and found the link from civic-eg.com :)
By cjw_89
#228682 nobody noticed the big red ? :?
By hondamonstercrew
#310104 brilliant write up :thumb: