General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By CougarBait
#223672 So I just swapped a d16z6 into my 92 civic dx hatch and I am getting a noise on acceleration and deceleration. I dont notice it as much in higher gears, but that may be the increased road noise. At cruising it seems quiet and it shifts just fine. What you you guys think might be the problem? I put new fluid in it before I istalled it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
By CougarBait
#223882 Like a dry bearing type of noise. It doesn't seem to affect handling or performance at all. I do notice it goes away when I press the clutch in.
By Datsmart
#224841 You say you just did a swap. Are you using a different transmission than before the swap?
Did you have the noise before the swap?

Since the noise goes away when you put in the clutch, I would say you have a bad input shaft bearing in your transmission.
By Young Zero
#224843 I just did an auto to manual swap and the transmission I have seems to have the same symptoms as yours and i have been told by the local lead tech at Honda that its the front main shaft bearing in the trans.
By StylezEG
#225344 Mine has the same problem and I've been driving it like that for a few months now. It is your input shaft bearing.