General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Coplies
#223342 I have a 92 lx sedan with a d15b7 and have decided that before I do anything else to my eg I should address the worn clutch and tranny. I am thinking about going from he dx/lx tranny to an ex/si tranny. How much work is it to swap out a tranny and is there anything special I need to do? Also, how much should I expect to spend?

Thanks for the input guys
By Classiccarsrule85
#223344 depends on where you live or if you get it from someone who works on hondas and knows the value or a junkyard with more then just hondas.....

id say it could range anywhere from 50-200 and the 200 i paid once for a rebuilt one with 0 miles so yea mostly i can getem for cheap 100 or so easily.....

swapping in an ex/si trans is just as simple as swapping in a replacement for your dx/lx trans nothing special needed and the clutch is the same....just be careful as there are people out there who will scam yo with a trans that has no 3rd or is pretty much grinding pounds of gears.....
By Coplies
#223352 Is there any reliable way to tell the condition of a tranny?
How can I tell if a tranny is an ex/si or a lx/dx and which motors/cars could it be found in; strickly eg or could it come from an ek?
I am also curious about the cost/benefit of a light weight flywheel
By Classiccarsrule85
Coplies wrote:Is there any reliable way to tell the condition of a tranny?
How can I tell if a tranny is an ex/si or a lx/dx and which motors/cars could it be found in; strickly eg or could it come from an ek?
I am also curious about the cost/benefit of a light weight flywheel

theres a way if you research it there is a serial number stamped near the draing plug orthe refull cant remember but there is either b000 or a0000 cant remember which one is which

and really condtion wise im not truely sure how except to spin it and go thru the gears

and you could get the y8 trans which will work as well....

and lightweight flywheels i do beleive in lightness they are good but apparently ive heard you lose tor\que or soemthing like that which in d series we have a lack of already so i wouldnt ....