General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Cl9junky
#223218 I am driving home from work and i am cruising about 60-65 and i feel the car driving like it towing a boat sluggish and just poop like. Anyways the car popped out of 5th for the first time ever. So i put it back in 5th and within 10 15 sec did it again and kept doing it all the way home about 15 times total. Now i read in the sticky posted by chrono404 about DIY troubleshooting and it seems like i will be replacing the gear set, synchro sleeve and the synchro ring for that gear.

But what would cause the car to FEEL like i was towing a boat? Also how is it possable that the tranny just took a dump in that gear that fast because it never did it before. I think it did it twice in 4th but thats it. Any ideas!! what should i look for before settling on getting the tranny fixed?
By JUICE
#223220 if you got a D series, just get another tranny. look for ex/si

if you got B series, rebuild what you got or go through a JDM importer that sells them with 30-40k for around $700. wouldn't trust much else...
By Cl9junky
JUICE wrote:if you got a D series, just get another tranny. look for ex/si

if you got B series, rebuild what you got or go through a JDM importer that sells them with 30-40k for around $700. wouldn't trust much else...

I got a gsr swap with the gsr y80 i just installed a stage 3 clutch like 1000 miles ago :(