General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#24145 For doing say, lug nuts, is a torque wrench the only option? I think most egs require 80lbs of Torque on the lug nuts, and right now I'm without a wrench, I just have the small hand tools with adjustable heads.
By BAXTER_EJ1
DannyCraQ wrote:well im dong my lugnuts at 76 lbs of torque

With a torque wrench or with what?
By BAXTER_EJ1
#24163 *sigh*

Looks like I'm buying a torque wrench lol.

I have the small hand-held ones but they aren't adjustable, you just torque and torque until you can't torque no more :?
By BAXTER_EJ1
DannyCraQ wrote:oh thats just a regular ratchet :eh:

Ratchet ftl :(
By ohDirka
#24181 a good torque wrench is expencive... you can spend anywhere from 20-600 bones on a single wrench
By ChicagoMike
D15kid wrote:a good torque wrench is expencive... you can spend anywhere from 20-600 bones on a single wrench

But it is a VERY important tool!

Choosing your tools is like choosing the parts for your car. You get what you put into it. :thumb:
By BAXTER_EJ1
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:
D15kid wrote:a good torque wrench is expencive... you can spend anywhere from 20-600 bones on a single wrench

But it is a VERY important tool!

Choosing your tools is like choosing the parts for your car. You get what you put into it. :thumb:

qft

With that said, I can't spend $600 today lol, probably more around 70-$100ish! :oops:
By ohDirka
#24189 thats for the top of the line MAC, 100 would get you a nice one for sure
By ChicagoMike
D15kid wrote:thats for the top of the line MAC, 100 would get you a nice one for sure

Agreed! :thumb:
By DannyCraQ
#24236 i got a 100 dollar kobalt and it works excellent

another question, i just connected the new engine to the tranny

now the tranny bolts, do i have to torque those down as well?