General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By marlin
#217167 hi there im busy with a H22 swop into my EG and im confused on what to do
i want the shorter ratios of the H2B but i want my hood to close. they say the H22 tranny's ratios are long and the H2b is short. so how can i get the best of both worlds. some people say the F20b tranny is the way to go. what do you guys recommend?
By Method
#217192 your hood will close fine. my hood closes fine, a few guys around here there hoods closed fine, i don't know where people keep saying that your hood won't close. use the h2b. that way you won't have to hack up your interior where the shifter goes.
By poorman type-r
#217193 Why are you looking for a long gear ratio? Are you going turbo or are doing NA.
By chrono404
poorman type-r wrote:Why are you looking for a long gear ratio? Are you going turbo or are doing NA.

He said he wants the shorter gears of the H2B's apposed to the H22's Longer Gears. So he does want shorter gears.
By poorman type-r
#217252 Well no he said he wants the best of both worlds so I was just asking why he wanted a long gear ratio to even begin with. I would say b16 tranny for sure, if you have the money then a ITR tranny.
By chrono404
#217261 h2b with a b16 tranny will be crazy fast. however freeway crusing will suck. the b18c GSR Transmission is about 500rpm higher geared and it will make better crusing. however not slouch out when it comes to acceraltion either.

The ITR Transmission is b16 1-3 and GSR 4-5. the JDM 98 Spec also has a 4.7 final drive compared to the normal 4.4 making the gsr 5th basically be a b16 5th.

The F Series transmissions are known for loosing 5th gear and breaking.

if your going to use a F/h Tranny the h22 tranny is the best of them, the H23 is a little taller geared if you just want a crusier transmission.

If you want 100% N/A Accerlation then H2b with a b16 Transmission will be crazy fast.
By jayEGR
#217278 nice fuckin info guys never knew you can do this but , never underestimate honda motors/trannys :thumb:
By marlin
Method wrote:your hood will close fine. my hood closes fine, a few guys around here there hoods closed fine, i don't know where people keep saying that your hood won't close. use the h2b. that way you won't have to hack up your interior where the shifter goes.

what kit is the best to use ?
By marlin
#217297 hey guys ..............i really appreciate the feedback and the support.
i think im definately going to go with the H2B swop as that fulfills my needs. its going to be a NA monster and the faster i can swop thru the cogs the better. just a everyday sleeper.
next question : with the evolution industries H2B kit which is farken farken expensive her in cape town as we have to import it is ZAR 12,500. that is like a whole months salary! what is a good everyday use strong clutch?