General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By EricM
#215828 hey guys. Well I hadn't driven my car in awhile and decided to get on it. I ripped through 2nd and tried to go into 3rd and what do you know, good ole' grind. Well I put it in neutral and it felt really weird, like it was resisting a bit, kind of like poor lubrication. I mess around going through the gears with the clutch pushed in and all gears seem to be fine except 4th now??? Its like its resisting a little bit, not a smooth change from 3rd to 4th and when coming out of 4th to neutral, I can feel the gear kind of turning slowly and meshing... so I think I'm screwed. I missed 3rd... and now 4th is strange. I dunno what to do...

Is there a possibility that its just linkage?

Please help!!

-Eric
By poorman type-r
#215837 My guess is that the tranny is going out. Happened to my friends car. He later found out that he also had no tranny fluid which fucked him. Hope you can fix the problem man.
By Eg6H2D
#218130 Sounds to me like the shifter fork inside the tranny. Check your fluid level first. you know what drain the fluid and fill with new HONDA MTF. then see what happens..
By JUICE
#218136 yup, you chuck fucked it :lol:

I did the same to my LS tranny first pass at the drag strip this year. went to get 3rd and got a wicked grind. when i pulled around at the end and went for 2nd it was a wrestling match.. i ended up just buying another and have yet to crack open the LS to see what the actual carnage was..
By EricM
#218393 Yeah turns out it was the shifter fork. I would go take some pics but I junked the tranny. Got another y8 tranny sitting in my garage just gotta find time to get it in. Ordering a stage 1 clutch this time lol.