General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By 93hatcheg
#209107 So I accidentally dislocated my axle lol the 3 prong knuckle popped outta the socket and I can't get it back in. Does anyone have any tips for popping that bitch back in?! I just waiting for that to drop my car back to the ground cause ball joint won't make it to the hole in the lower arm with the axle popped out.

Let me know
By teal_dx
#209132 remove the steel band on the bigger side of the boot and you'll be able to see what's going on in there. Then put a new steel band on from the parts store. It cost a couple bucks and is a lot faster than trying to guess what's not lining up in there.
By Torch_Ind
teal_dx wrote:remove the steel band on the bigger side of the boot and you'll be able to see what's going on in there. Then put a new steel band on from the parts store. It cost a couple bucks and is a lot faster than trying to guess what's not lining up in there.

+1
By teal_dx
#209234 I've had it happen a few times on hondas while swapping and there was only one time I was able to feel the parts through the boot and figure out that the bearing slid down and was able to press it back in. Then a couple hours later the same axle popped apart and I had to take the boot off. Fixing it the first time was beginners luck :lol:
Also, you'll find out that CV grease is some of the nastiest shit :wink:
By 93hatcheg
#209391 Ha thanks for the help guys. That's actually really smart. I'm gonna do that. And yes that cv axle grrease is shitty as hell. I have had to mess with it before and it sucks major