General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By kinta94
#208580 well its been awhile since i have been on and i just realized that i have a dx d15b7 transmission on my d16z6 and i keep hearing that the z6 is better.

just curious how much of a difference the transmission change is. Im also going to boost the car here pretty soon dont know if it would help to have the si trans in.
By chrono404
#208585 Huge Difference bewteen the DX/LX Transsmision and the EX/Si Transmission

http://www.zealautowerks.com/transcalc.php

That will show you how far off the gears are.

The DX Transmission will be good for long freeway crusing. So if your making a cruiser then a DX Transmission isn't a bad idea. However if you want a quicker car the EX/Si Transmission will be much quicker and you should still get above 30mpg. :thumb:
By sneepereg
#218748 what about a jdm b15b trans would that be geared better for turbo aplication?
By asianrob
sneepereg wrote:what about a jdm D15b trans would that be geared better for turbo aplication?

i think those would be similar/same as the EX/Si trans

i would be the EX/ Si trans mainly because i would be shorter gear. but i would try to get a 96-00 EX trans because of the steel shift forks
By teal_dx
chrono404 wrote: However if you want a quicker car the EX/Si Transmission will be much quicker and you should still get above 30mpg. :thumb:

Easily :thumb: The worst MPG I've gotten with a boosted z6 is 28. Best is 38. The 28 mpg was some ripping around town combined with highway.
Mostly highway got me 38 one time. Avg is around 33 mpg.