General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By moto_hall
#206210 HI i have a 98 civic hatch back i recently swap it for a b18b1 the only probleme i have is that the automatic transmission has to be in park mode to start and it also have to be in park mode to take off the key too. so what a did was to cut all the wirering that was connected to the automatic lever and by-pass the wirering so its like in park mode. now it can start and i can take off the key but when i put it in reverse the reverse light does not come on. What do i need to do?

HELP ME PLEASE!

Andrew Hall
By moto_hall
#206212 well i have changed my computer and all i had that b18b in my 98 civic sedan
By Torch_Ind
#206215 your going to have to wire it up so it works you can run it throw the clutch switch if you got one when you swapped the peddles

or you will have to manually bypass it!!!

an revers you will have to wire it up of the reverse switch to the reverse auto circuit in the old shifter wiring inside the car
By moto_hall
#206223 ok thanks but the only wire i can by-pass was the one inside where the trainy was but i cant find how to by-pass it so the reverse light can work when i put my standard trainy in reverse

you can add me on msn if you want it would be easier to communicate

moto_hall@hotmail.com

Andrew thanks
By moto_hall
#206225 is there a site where i can get all the info for this or someone who can tell me precisely how to make it work !! it would be apreciated thankss too all
By teal_dx
#206242 Look at the plugs that went to your auto shifter.

see the big plug (has about 8 wires in it)

There's 2 really fat wires in there that are bigger than the others, in the center on the bottom row of wires. Loop those together. On a manual car, these 2 wires would be on the clutch pedal switch which means that you have to push in the clutch to start the car. On an auto car, they are looped when the car is in P. So by looping those 2 fat wires, you are constantly telling the car the shifter is in P.

Now for the reverse lights to work, There's a 2 wire sensor on the transmission than you will need to run 2 wires to the big plug that used to connect to the auto shifter.

Now look at the harness plug at the 2 wires you just looped to solve the Park issue. The 2 small wires above that are the reverse light on/off. There should be a small space between them. The 2 wires on your tranny go to those 2 wires. Test it and if the lights are on and go off when you put it in reverse, then switch the 2 wires because they are backwards.
By moto_hall
#206271 thanks a lot man!! thats what i wanted :) it really helps !! appreciate this a lot!!

ANDREW