General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By jayEGR
#205196 ok iam buying my b20b this weekend coming up i wanted ask any one which tranny should i go with, i was thinking mayb a b16 tranny or should i go with a b18 type R tranny the one i found its kinda of over price but its well worth it with low low miles on the tranny as the motor and there straight comin and shiped from japan with low miles...also iam doing a slow bulid on this project

lets see your guys input :thumb: :thumb: :D
By chrono404
#205234 If your going to do Freeway Driving then GSR Transmission. If your not going to do alot of freeway driving then B16 Transmission.

My JDM B20b w/ B16 Transmission is faster then all the Turbo D's in the area as well as most of the other B's. It will be quicker then Most GSR's(w/ GSR Tranny)

I LOVE my B20b w/ b16 transmission. I would highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't do alot of freeway driving. I'm considering putting in a GSR or LS 5th gear into my B16 Transmission just for freeway driving.
By jayEGR
#205256 thanks chrono404 makes me breath better but it will be my daily driver so i was thinkin b16 anyways i wanted a b18 type R but its a lil pricecy
By Ajax1989
#205286 ya id go with the b16 trans
i have a friend with a STOCK b20 w/b16 trans in a eg hatch and he can brake the tryes lose in 4th, and not to mention he has one of the fastest cars in town
By CaliEJ2
#205306 b16 tranny with LSD :thumb:
By jayEGR
#205344 sweet will do then b16 tranny it is lol thanks guys for ur input