General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By EricM
#204349 I just replaced my OLD fluid in my DX transmission to Royal Purple Synchromax. Seems to have helped a bit and made smoother shifts. Anyone else had experience with this stuff? I haven't had a chance to test out my 2nd gear grind. (It's raining right now)
By EricM
#204420 Car still grinds 2nd. It feels about the same. It may be a little notchier though...

:?

Need input.
By Eg6H2D
#204459 What do you mean by "notchier". ..

I used oem MTF honda on mines last month . smooth as butter.. still grinds a lil bit. sometimes it does and sometimes it doenst. depends on my engagement. . cant do much with the fluid if the syncro teeth are worn out.
By Torch_Ind
#204464 gm synchromesh transmission fluid helps large with worn synchronizes but will only do so much though but will make it much more bearable.

it near got rid of my shift problems in my accord when other fluids wouldn't help at all.

By EricM
#204471 It shifts fine, I've just heard of some people nuking their trannies with synchromesh...

It didn't help my grinding problem though.
By Torch_Ind
EricM wrote:It shifts fine, I've just heard of some people nuking their trannies with synchromesh...

civics trans are know for rods causing issues to there isn't much you can do about it. if it's not worn syncros.

my accord was cable shift and the syncros were done were at a stop you couldn't put it in first gear and it fixed that and I was able to drive it for 2 more years and sold it that way to a buddy that wanted it. I told him about the prob he didn't care.

but I have seen lots of civic trans brake rods and shift forks.
By Eg6H2D
Torch_Ind wrote:
EricM wrote:It shifts fine, I've just heard of some people nuking their trannies with synchromesh...

civics trans are know for rods causing issues to there isn't much you can do about it. if it's not worn syncros.

my accord was cable shift and the syncros were done were at a stop you couldn't put it in first gear and it fixed that and I was able to drive it for 2 more years and sold it that way to a buddy that wanted it. I told him about the prob he didn't care.

Cables shifters tend to stretch. especially when old. making it harder to put into gears do to them not being aligned right also..
By Torch_Ind
EG6b20R wrote:
Torch_Ind wrote:

Cables shifters tend to stretch. especially when old. making it harder to put into gears do to them not being aligned right also..

wasn't the cables it was the trans.
I had replaced the cables

you don't have to believe me about the fluid but it does work good if you syncros are worn