General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Eg6H2D
#196057 Ok. i recently installed a new xtd stage 3 into the d16z6 as some of you might know.

I was wondering.

Anything in the tranny re-installation process make the car slower?.

darn car doesnt seem as fast as it was when i had the stock clutch in there.

Any ideas? the tranny only goes in smoothly one way right?.

before re-intalling the trany i made sure the clutch was properly aligned with the supplied alignment tool. Left it in place while i torqued dow the pressure plate. Tool the alignment tool out. then proceeded to re install the tranny.

now it's more of a rough ride. like i feel a really good vibration around 3000 rpms. dont know what it is. while the tranny was out i replaced all seals. cleaned it up nicely.

it just has me wondering if somehow my input shaft is a tiny bit off causing it to make this weird ass vibration. and it definately didnt do it before with the old clutch.
By forcefedEG
#196477 if the input shaft was a little off, and it was close enough itd go together, the first time you engage/ dis engage the clutch itd center itself....

as far as your vibration, it could be a loose bolt, or if the clutch weighs more or is slightly out of balance... but honestly thats just a what if secnario.... :?
By Eg6H2D
forcefedEG wrote:if the input shaft was a little off, and it was close enough itd go together, the first time you engage/ dis engage the clutch itd center itself....

as far as your vibration, it could be a loose bolt, or if the clutch weighs more or is slightly out of balance... but honestly thats just a what if secnario.... :?

Hmmm definately all the bolts were torque to spec.

im guessing the pressure plate is not balanced. i was reading up on ACT,CM,Competion CLutch and Exedy clutches.