General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By kinta94
#194042 could someone help me out with the VSS do you just remove the two bolts and it will pop out? or is there another trick?
By 93cxhb
#241689 jacking this to just add to it.

im trying to pull out a vss from a i believe L13- trans. 90 si hatch.
any suggestions on getting it out, its been a pita
By cjw_89
#241698 take out that wierd 10 mm bolt that sticks right up get a little prybar and pry and tap it back and fourth :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#242019 Pull the boot up and then remove the clip.

If you over torque that 10mm it will surely snap the mount on the VSS.
By Eg6H2D
suspendedHatch wrote:Pull the boot up and then remove the clip.

If you over torque that 10mm it will surely snap the mount on the VSS.

Thats for sure! happened to me last year. JB welded it only worked for so liong til the JB weld cracked off and i just got a new one about 2 months ago. So that 10MM long bolt hand tighten it down til u cant turn it with your fingers anymore then a quarter turn the a 10mm socket and ur good. MAKE SURE THE BASE IS FLAT TO THE TRANS HOUSING!!!!!!!!
By chewse
#242456 My trans is an S48A and I was tryin to locate my vss but instead found these ..they look like vtech solienoids( nuttin like a VSS) and I'm confused as to what they are ...I hope the pics can help u guys[img][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/chewse/utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDAtMjAxMTAzMDUtMTc1Ny5qcGc.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image
By Eg6H2D
#243015 nope buddy those are your gear shift solenoids... im guessing you have and automatic. your VSS has a plug on it it's closer to the firewall. Follow your lower radiator hose back towards the rear of the engine. look behind where the hose ends close to the firewall on the transmission and you can miss it..

:thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#243324 Just remembered that the clip I mentioned is for the cable VSS. Electric VSS you just unplug it, remove the 10mm, rotate/wiggle it and it pops right up.
By chewse
#243507 [quote="EG6b20R"]nope buddy those are your gear shift solenoids... im guessing you have and automatic. your VSS has a plug on it it's closer to the firewall. Follow your lower radiator hose back towards the rear of the engine. look behind where the hose ends close to the firewall on the transmission and you can miss it..

:thumb:[/quote
Thanx a lot ...found it