General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By lilmel2002
#192237 i hae a 94 civic dx.......im doing an ls swap in it right now everything is together but the transmission....yes it is an automatic and yes i know its difficult.....i just need 2 know does anyone know how to or possess a wiring diagram for it....i have the whole transmission, transmission harness, and the transmission computer.....my girl is really ready 2 drive her car she doesnt know how 2 drive a manual so i got her a 94 auto ls please soemone help this is the only thing stopping my car from rolling..............
By forcefedEG
#192346 swapping an auto single cam car to an auto dual cam car is really hard to do, for one thing the civic and interga dont share the same mount height or shape for an auto (talking about the mount welded to the frame rail on a usdm passenger side) so you may need the one off an auto integra, youll have to go to a junkyard for that, and the next big thing, is that a d series auto, has 2 shift solenoids, and a b series auto has 3, so there is some wiring involved, a simple pinout and if you can read a wiring diagram you should be able to install them with ease, if you know how to wire vtec yourself, or look into that, the process would be simillar only your pin positon on the ecu plugs would be different... the only other wiring option would be to saw the integra underdash harness from an automatic car... personally a friend and i were going to do this, and we gave up on the idea and just decided to go manual, but the car was for his dad and his dad could drive a clutch, but thats not an option for you, this is the little bit i know about this, hope it helps :thumb:
By lilmel2002
#192479 ok well like i said the motor is already in and we have overcome the mount issues......all i need now is the wiring diagrams for both transmissions......ive tried 2 find them online with no luckbut my main question was.....if i have the transmission harness and trans comp should i need anything else? i thought it would be plug and play
By forcefedEG
#194826 as far as i know the engine harness and trans harness are one in the same (but the auto may have its own harness, i havent messed with many autos), and the trans and engine computer are one in the same.... the only wiring you should have to do, would be from the ecu plug to the shock tower connection where the harness plugs in at, and this should be to ad the extra solenoid wires, i would look in a haynes maual for your wiring diagrams, thats what i have allways used when wiring vtec and knock sensors :thumb: