General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By jred
#190258 im gonna buy a gear box for my car, since mines is tranny..dont know alot bout these gear box"but i want one" for power sake.lol..
do all gear boxs come hydraulic or jus the lsd type? and wich one's better hydraulic or cable?
By That One Dude
#190270 The B16A tranny is hydraulic if it's from a 1992+ Civic as far as I know. Doesn't matter about the LSD.

And you won't have more power, just shorter gears that will allow you to accellerate faster than a longer geared tranny on the same engine with the same power output.

What tranny do you have right now?
By forcefedEG
#190375 B16a beings it is jdm could have came hydro or cable depending on what generation it was, the b16 gears are very short in the either form, the hydro trans is what you will need for a 92+ model car, unless you adapt it wich is a whole other discussion and not for this thread, but hydro b16 trans in the jdm form came with optional lsd, you can either look for the ink stamp on the case or look down the axle shaft holes to determin if its lsd equipped... the usdm b16 trans never came with factroy lsd.... look to pay around 550 to 700 for a good b16 trans non lsd and around 1000+ for a good lsd trans with low miles, but one could be had possibly in the 800 range... hope this helps :thumb:
By jred
forcefedEG wrote:B16a beings it is jdm could have came hydro or cable depending on what generation it was, the b16 gears are very short in the either form, the hydro trans is what you will need for a 92+ model car, unless you adapt it wich is a whole other discussion and not for this thread, but hydro b16 trans in the jdm form came with optional lsd, you can either look for the ink stamp on the case or look down the axle shaft holes to determin if its lsd equipped... the usdm b16 trans never came with factroy lsd.... look to pay around 550 to 700 for a good b16 trans non lsd and around 1000+ for a good lsd trans with low miles, but one could be had possibly in the 800 range... hope this helps :thumb:

try in the $7000 - $9000 range, i went to price out sum the other day :shock: mines is the 92+ model so it uses the hydro and most of them were LSD, why so expensive :? and scarce in trinidad i dont know, i might have to import 1, according to the price.but i want a box soo bad :twisted:
By forcefedEG
#190592 WOW :jawdrop: thats rediculous.... in the states there not much at all really, i mean ive picked up most of the trans i have had for under $500 ($250 to $300).... the one i bought was an ls trans with after market lsd and had a broken snap ring on 3rd, i got it for 500 and it had a $400 lsd in it with like 6k on it lol...

but seriously $7000??? thats crazy :eh:
By jred
#190753 the price for performance is high in trinidad, wich is very very SUCK :x i also priced out a compleate B16b with box and it was 20k "jus becuz it was a Type R motor. :roll: wish i had links in Japan or the States....
By forcefedEG
#190836 wow, that is crazy... is it the shipping that costs so much or dose it have to go through customs or something like that??
By jred
#191068 i think its really the exchange rates 1us = 6.50tt so i guess thats why plus the shop owners like to buss our pockets. :thumbdown: but im hoping to get one by asking fellow honda men in the country if thay know ne1 who's selling...it might take awhile but it will be cheaper..
By forcefedEG
#191109 yea... i hope it works out for you to find a decent deal on one friend :thumb: good luck 8)