General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By OmarG
#179420 So. My driver's side axle clicks like crazy, and my clutch/throwout bearing is toast. I have those parts to replace them but I haven't had the time so far.

Here's the kicker. My tranny ALWAYS grinds when I try and shift into fourth. I usually just pass it up when shifting and go straight to fifth, but sometimes, I forget, and GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK. The bitch grinds. and when I shift into fifth after I go into fourth, in grinds a tiny bit, but no where near the amount fourth does. I'm guessing it's Syncros right? It's the CX tranny. Any thoughts here guys?
By ChicagoMike
#179435 It could be worse.....this could be your tranny trouble!!

Really though, just buy an entire new trans, probably be cheaper than paying a shop to rebuild.
By Chance
#179436 hahahaha
By d-mon
#179463 check all your mounts first.
see if your motor/trans flops around while you're driving.
By chrono404
#179466 Sounds like your synchro in 4th is gone. You will want to get that fixed before you damage the gear itself.

Penzoil/GM Scynchromesh is amazing stuff, To help with your transmission shifting issues, change your transmission fluid with it. It will help out alot.

Swapping to a EX/SI transmission or a DX Transmission would be a good idea, alot better then rebuilding your cx transmission.