General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By teal_dx
#174205 Yes but that is a bad transmission to use if you want your car to go fast, the worst one you can pick. It has the longest gear ratios though so it will offer the best MPG for highway driving.
By openshot
#174216 i am just getting that motor for now as a backup so i really dont care if i go faster. because in the spring i mite be getting a B20.
By suspendedHatch
#174360 If you're thinking of putting a D17 in your EG think again. It's the same as a K series swap.
By TrailerTrash
teal_dx wrote:Yes but that is a bad transmission to use if you want your car to go fast, the worst one you can pick. It has the longest gear ratios though so it will offer the best MPG for highway driving.

it's worse than a VX? :shock:

I don't think I would ever bother to put a D17 in any eg...
By Classiccarsrule85
TrailerTrash wrote:
teal_dx wrote:Yes but that is a bad transmission to use if you want your car to go fast, the worst one you can pick. It has the longest gear ratios though so it will offer the best MPG for highway driving.

vx and cx are pretty much the same if you ask me the vx however has a bit of added power when needed due to vtec....
By TrailerTrash
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:

vx and cx are pretty much the same if you ask me the vx however has a bit of added power when needed due to vtec....

that bit of added power dont change the fact that its slow as poop lol :D
By suspendedHatch
#175083 CX engine is an 8 valve 60hp failure. VX engine is a 16 valve fuel economy success. It was cheap, it gave decent power, and it got great mileage. What would you rather have, a Civic VX or a Geo Metro?