General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By lilmel2002
#170916 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok heres the story......i have a 94 honda civic 4dr that i wanna but a b18 in........i have acess 2 both a b18 b and c.........i need 2 know what i will need 2 make these work for my vehicle......only issue is it is an automatic....yeah i kno...but it belongs 2 my girl and she doesnt like manual nor know how 2 drive one.....i need 2 kno parts lists for both builds if possible and how complicated they will be....can anyone help???
By chrono404
#170921 you will need the following:

B18b/b18c engine
ECU for Automatic B18, the B18b automatic ecu will be easier to find then the b18c, I saw b18c auto ecus on ebay for $200 a few weeks ago.

Automatic B Series Transmission,
OBD1 Wiring Harness, (94-95 integra)
94-01 Integra Mounts
94-01 Integra Axles
If you want to keep power stearing and A/C you will need those mounts from a DelSol VTEC, Its the one with the B16 in it.

If your engine is newer then 95, you will need a 94-95 wiring harness and to reuse the Non-vtec D Series distrubtor, alternator and your fuel injectors. That will convert your OBD2 Engine into an OBD1.

I am not sure if you will need the Integras shift linkage, It would be a good idea to get that if you have access to one just incase.

Good luck.
By lilmel2002
#170987 ok but i was also told i would need the transmission control computer that mounts somewhere in the vehicle is that true for the b18b? and i didnt know they made a b18c in an automatic
By Classiccarsrule85
#170991 i dont think they madea b18c auto unless its jdm....but yea i was told you arent abel to use the 94+ tegra auto trans sinceit dosent line up with the auto mount in our cars at all....

i do beleive a better option would be a 90-93 integra auto trans but i cant remember i know there was a thread on this before...

but yea a simpler swap would be a dohc zc, or z6, y8 etc since they all use the d series transmission thats in your/her car now and itd give the car more power....
By chrono404
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:i dont think they madea b18c auto unless its jdm....but yea i was told you arent abel to use the 94+ tegra auto trans sinceit dosent line up with the auto mount in our cars at all....

i do beleive a better option would be a 90-93 integra auto trans but i cant remember i know there was a thread on this before...

x2 on the 94+ automatic transmissions not fitting into eg's. Atleast according to suspended hatch and thats all i pretty much need to know.

There are automatic B16 and B18c Setups from honda in Japan. One of the many things that they got that we didn't.
By suspendedHatch
#171796 That is correct. You will need an automatic from a 92 or 93 Integra. Has to be 92 or 93.

I strongly recommend against this. If it was a project vehicle that you could have several months downtime to work out any potential issues, then yes. Or if you were working for a shop. But your girl's daily driver, NO.

Sell the car and get her an auto Integra or do a D series swap.
By lilmel2002
suspendedHatch wrote:That is correct. You will need an automatic from a 92 or 93 Integra. Has to be 92 or 93.

I strongly recommend against this. If it was a project vehicle that you could have several months downtime to work out any potential issues, then yes. Or if you were working for a shop. But your girl's daily driver, NO.

ok but is there a d series that would give as much power and torque as a b18?
By pinky
lilmel2002 wrote:
suspendedHatch wrote:That is correct. You will need an automatic from a 92 or 93 Integra. Has to be 92 or 93.

Not without getting it built. Thats why it is such a common swap, along with the b16.
By 3kkl3sia
lilmel2002 wrote:

like he said, without it being build.
but my z6 with a intake and cat-back exhaust pulls away from b18b's
automatic might be a different story but yeah
By lilmel2002
3kkl3sia wrote:
lilmel2002 wrote:

yeah but is that a b18 in an integra or a b18 n an EG?
By pinky
lilmel2002 wrote:
3kkl3sia wrote:
lilmel2002 wrote:

yeah but is that a b18 in an integra or a b18 n an EG?

eg. Common swap.
By lilmel2002
#172428 ok but she wants it and what she wants she gets so what all will i need 2 make this happen.......cuz in the end itz still her car
By suspendedHatch
lilmel2002 wrote:ok but is there a d series that would give as much power and torque as a b18?

Nope. But the gearing on the automatics is so damn long you might as well have a manual D16Z6.

GSR + long gearing = :(