General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By the honda guy
#167234 is there any speacial fluid I could get for my trans instead of regular 10w30 motor oil? do you guys think that mobil 1 synthetic would be better? When I had my talon I put pennzoil syncromesh in my trans and it made it shift and feel like a brand new trans and was just wondering if there is somthing like that for honda tranny's. I am gonna change the fluids in my trans and just wanted to know if there was somthing better that I could put in my trans.
By dipdawg
#167242 Many people run the oem stuff from honda. I have syncromesh in my trans right now. Whatever should be ok I know people running purple too and they like it.
By the honda guy
#167268 when you say syncromesh do you mean the pennzoil stuff? and as for the purple, do you mean royale purple 10w30 motoroil?
By chrono404
#167273 All of my Manual Transmission run 10w30. However my Transmissions are fresh and have recent rebuilds.

A good friend of mine bought a 95 Si Hatch and its synchros where going out. after draining out 90weight gear lube from his transmission and putting in Synchromesh it no longer made "kink" sounds going bewteen gears.

Its amazing stuff. I would recommend it to anyone, Especially people who have synchros starting to go out.
By the honda guy
chrono404 wrote:All of my Manual Transmission run 10w30. However my Transmissions are fresh and have recent rebuilds.

A good friend of mine bought a 95 Si Hatch and its synchros where going out. after draining out 90weight gear lube from his transmission and putting in Synchromesh it no longer made "kink" sounds going bewteen gears.

Its amazing stuff. I would recommend it to anyone, Especially people who have synchros starting to go out.

again do you guys mean the pennzoil stuff or somthing else, and isnt pennzoil syncromesh like 90weight oil or somthing. The reason I keep asking is cause chevy makes a fluid called syncromesh and I wanna make sure I get the right stuff.
By chrono404
the honda guy wrote:again do you guys mean the pennzoil stuff or somthing else, and isnt pennzoil syncromesh like 90weight oil or somthing. The reason I keep asking is cause chevy makes a fluid called syncromesh and I wanna make sure I get the right stuff.

We used the Penzoil Synchromesh, GM Synchromesh is the same stuff just in a new branded bottle. Get whichever you can get cheaper.

I dont believe its 90weight, Not sure how it works however I know it looked nothing like the 90weight that came out of his transmission.

Honda MTF is also a good bet, only heard good things about it. Pretty expensive though. I heard if your in the cold(like around and below freezing) it works much better then 10w30.
By the honda guy
#167381 awsome thanks man, I work at a shop that has an account at a honda dealership, and my my friend is the parts guy at that same dealership so I get parts extremely cheap so I will probably go with the honda stuff.
By danomatic93
#167385 You should check out Royal Purple's SynchroMax.