General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By ballistic
#165481 Okay, So I haven't driven my car for about a week or two, and I get in and let it warm up for a few minutes then put it into gear and leave my driveway.

As I go to put it into second gear it pops out of first and into neutral.

So I push down clutch and put into second gear and it just revs out.

SO I try another gear, nothing, reverse, nothing.

So basically I can put the car into gear, I think. But it doesn't move.

Also while I was pushing my car back into my driveway I noticed a really thin line of fluid coming from under the car and on the ground.

Now I'm thinking it's the slave cylinder in front of the tranny, is this plausible, or what could be the issue?

Thanks.

Also the car is a 94 civic EX and also it's 0 degrees here right now if that matters.
By chrono404
#165494 Your car is not getting into gear.

Its possible your clutch is leaking and not letting it fully slip into gear,You can check under the hood and see if the slave cylinder is leaking, its on the front of the transmission, if there is no leakage on the front of the transmission put your finder in the little boot, there is a hole in the bottom to do this from, see if there is any juices in there.

Another thing to check would be once your car is off pull it into gear, then put it back in neutral, once the car is on, see if your shift knob will go as far as it just did. If it wont its probally the clutch not letting you get into gear. If it does you have more serous internal transmission issues, And or a problem with your shift linkage on your car.

Good luck . :thumb:
By ballistic
#165822 Figured out the problem, It wasn't the slave cylinder, but it was the passenger side axle that had came about half way out of the tranny, and now I can't get it all the way back in.

Any tips on getting the axle back in the tranny/what needs to be done to do this? :eh:
By teal_dx
#165826 first, how/why did it come out is the important question. :? Look to make sure the splines aren't stripped. Check the C-clip to see it is not damaged either. When the splines are lined up, it should pop back in. :thumb:
By ballistic
#165834 That's the thing, I have no idea why it popped out. I was just pulling out of my driveway after not driving it for almost 2 weeks or so and it popped out of first gear and I'm guessing that's when the axle popped out..

I guess tomorrow I'll just make sure the splines look okay, line em up, then try bamming it back in again.. it just doesn't help that its in the single digits here =/