General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By That One Dude
#166092 You didn't happen to somehow install the distributor backwards did you? 180* out of timing?
By Toneco
#166110 well it was weird becuz i turned on now and i took it out for a spin everything is fine except that the idle goes up and down and also turns out that the driver side axle didnt go in all the way i tired putting it in all the way but it doesnt want to budge tranny oil is start to leak a little and also smoke started coming out of my exhuast so i looked under and my cat was bright orange hot dont know why.
By d-mon
#166152 distributor shaft is keyed offset. it won't go in 180* out.
u might have mixed up the map sensor with the tps connections, common mistake.
you need to fix the axle before you drive it, you could damage your new trans.
don't know what can get the cat red hot, never seen that!
maybe it's plugged up?
By Toneco
#166156 well it was weird becuz i turned on now and i took it out for a spin everything is fine except that the idle goes up and down and also turns out that the driver side axle didnt go in all the way i tired putting it in all the way but it doesnt want to budge tranny oil is start to leak a little and also smoke started coming out of my exhuast so i looked under and my cat was bright orange hot dont know why.
By ikon
#166204 the oil is leaking out cuz with the axle out the fluid from the diff. will leak. do u have a cel?
By Toneco
#166213 yeah it does have one.

Im having trouble with the driver side axle going in all the way has anybody else gone through this??? thanks
By Toneco
#168367 bump :?
By dipdawg
#168373 point the little clip up and wiggle it back and forth it will pop in if not spin the pas side tire so the internals in the trans move some and try it again
By Toneco
#168427 okay ill try that this weekend thanks
By Toneco
#168944 its all good now.

thanks